Landmarks Illinois is accepting nominations now through June 1 for the 2021 Landmarks Illinois Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Preservation Awards.
The annual awards program honors individuals, organizations, projects and programs in Illinois whose work demonstrates a commitment to excellence in preservation and protects the historic places that matter to people and their communities.
All nominations will be considered for awards. The nominees and projects that most closely emulate Landmarks Illinois’ values and our priorities to support inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility (IDEA) in preservation will receive the greatest consideration. Award recipients will be honored this fall at a public ceremony and also receive a cash prize and custom-designed trophy.
Awards will be selected from the following general categories:
– An effective local or statewide campaign to preserve and protect a historic resource.
– Individual, municipality, private organization or joint partnership that has championed historic preservation, planning
or public policy.
– Projects that make possible the continued use of a historic commercial/industrial buildings, multi-family/affordable housing residences, public/institutional structures or preserves a cultural heritage site.
– Environmental Sustainability
– Mitigation of climate change through preservation technologies
To honor the memory and creative spirit of Richard H. Driehaus, Landmarks Illinois’ longtime partner in preservation, one of the 2021 selected winners will receive the Richard H. Driehaus Legacy Award, which will be presented to a forward-thinking individual or an exemplary project that represents innovation in preservation. The Richard H. Driehaus Foundation has generously underwritten Landmarks Illinois’ annual preservation awards program since 1994.
Click here for information and registration info.