Dwight is a village located mainly in Livingston County, Illinois, with a small portion in Grundy County. Route 66 made its way through the county, and Dwight was in its path. Dwight's downtown was by-passed, and the towns businesses migrated their way to the Mother Road. Built in 1933 was Ambler’s Texaco Station, which later became The Marathon Oil Station serviced travelers until 1998. The building has been renovated and is now a visitor's and information center.
The C&A Railroad Depot, built in 1891, served for a time as the Village Hall, and is now home to the Dwight Historical Society and the Chamber of Commerce. Across the street from the Depot, sits the First National Bank of Dwight, designed by Architect Frank Lloyd Wright in 1905. The bank is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.