- This event has passed.
Village of Elkhart Spring Event
June 12 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
The Village of Elkhart Spring Event on Saturday, June 12th, features a ribbon cutting ceremony for the “Elkhart Monarch Flyway” Native Plant and Pollinator Habitat at the corner of Historic Route 66 and Gov. Oglesby St. Visit the BUTTERFLY LADY’s bus!
Schedule of Activities
9:45 a.m. Ribbon cutting ceremony for the “Elkhart Monarch Flyway” Native Plant
and Pollinator Habitat at the corner of Historic Route 66 and Gov. Oglesby St
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
At the Flyway:
• Photo Op! Instant Photo with 6’ Monarch Butterfly
• Tour the native plants and pick up a free Native Plant Kit (while supplies last) in Historic Downtown Elkhart: We’re closing off a block of Governor Oglesby St.-safely walk to:
• Visit Rhonda Brady, “Miss Mariposa,” THE BUTTERFLY LADY with her bus – a colorful mobile classroom and greenhouse on wheels!
• See Flight of the Butterflies at The Country Bumpkin (30 minute DVD – looping)
• Make pollinator themed kid-friendly crafts
• Fun food vendors KONA Ice Truck! Mini Donuts! Corn Dogs!
• Businesses are OPEN: Horsefeathers, Wild Hare Café, The Country Bumpkin,
Route 66 Model Raceway, Birdsong Books and Vintage, UCB,
Gina’s Talk of the Town, and Richardson Repair Service
Village-wide: Garage Sales Friday and Saturday
Plenty of parking around town! Park and safely walk to ALL activities!
Public Porta Pot and Sanitation Station Downtown
Visit our INFO table. Bad weather?-Events will be at the ECC Building on Gillette St.
Fun Crafts and Activities!
Food! Native Plant Kit Giveaway!
Village-wide Garage Sales!
Shops and Businesses are Open!
Thanks to those who have helped us along the way!