- This event has passed.
Roads that Lead to Lincoln: Honest Abe on the Historic Highways of Illinois
February 6 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Windy City Road Warrior, InSites To Go, and Route66Chicago.com present author David Clark in a “virtual” talk: The Roads that Lead to Lincoln: Honest Abe on the Historic Highways of Illinois.
Get your kicks as we take a Road Trip on the trail across the tall-grass prairie!
Ride along as we journey into history:
- Explore the life of Abraham Lincoln in Illinois
- Learn how Abe championed the Internal Improvements of Transportation
- Discover Lincoln’s role in building our railroad infrastructure
- See Lincoln-related sites along Route 66 and the Lincoln Highway
- See the bizarre ways we have used the Lincoln Legacy
Join us for Route 66–on the 6th!
Date: February 6th, 2021
Time: 1:06 PM CDT …or 66 Minutes after Noon 🙂
[“Doors” open at 12:56 PM]
PLUS – Join LIVE or WATCH Later!
Video available to ticket holders through February 27th!
PLUS! Buy a ticket for THIS Episode – Free Access to all Episode Videos!
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – David Clark
David Clark is an award-winning author of three books and dozens of magazine and journal articles focusing on local Chicago and Illinois history. His book Route 66 in Chicago won an award for Best Non-Fiction Book from the Illinois Women’s Press Association. He also does live and zoom presentations as well as walking and driving tours. His website is WindyCityRoadWarrior.com
Tours available at Route66Chicago.com