20th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival
September 24 @ 5:00 pm - September 26 @ 3:00 pm
SPRINGFIELD, IL – After a year hiatus, the Route 66 Mother Road Festival is excited to announce the show will go on. The cars, the music, the fun and nostalgia that Route 66 has brought to generations will return for a 20th year, rolling into historic downtown Springfield September 24th – 26th. Admission is FREE for spectators.
The show will be locally managed by Greg “Coop” and Sue Cooper, with operations headed by Shane “Shaner” McDermith. Keeping the show local and focused on a community feel with much of the tradition that the Mother Road Festival has become known for, is top priority in 2021.
Weekend Show Highlights:
– Friday night Route 66 City Nights Cruise with up to 2,000 classic cars cruising into downtown Springfield
– Celebrity Butch Patrick, Eddie Munster and his coach will be driving in the Friday cruise and available for meet & greet on Saturday at the show
– Burnout Competition Saturday
– Live Entertainment Friday & Saturday
– Post your “selfie” at any Illinois Route 66 landmark to Facebook, or Instagram with hashtag #MyIL66 and #visitspringfield to be featured on Illinois Route 66 Scenic Byway social media! Info at MyIL66.
– Downtown Springfield, Inc. Old Capitol Farmers Market – Saturday
– State Capitol Photo Op! Stage a photo of your car with the majestic Illinois State Capitol Building as your backdrop (4th & Capitol)
– Grab the Explorer Passport and visit our Living Legends of Route 66 throughout Springfield, available at the Springfield Visitors Center
– Register your ride for a chance to be awarded one of the top honors, show will be judged by CASI certified national judges
FESTIVAL HOURS: Friday, Sept. 24, 6PM – 10PM, Saturday, Sept. 25, 9AM – 10PM and Sunday, Sept. 26, 9AM –12PM.
Complete schedule of events & map of festival layout and registration will be available soon at Route66Fest.com.
“The International Route 66 Mother Road Festival is a tradition in Springfield,” said Scott Dahl, Director of the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau. “Historic downtown is an incredible backdrop for this classic car event celebrating the allure of Route 66 that brings visitors from around the world.”
Make sure to arrive early to experience Friday night’s Route 66 City Nights Cruise for Crime Stoppers. Over 2000 cars participated in 2019 as festival goers watched miles of vintage cars parade along Springfield’s legendary Route 66 streets into downtown. With your on-site five dollar contribution to Crime Stoppers, you can enter your ride into the parade and be a part of all the fun! Find your spot amongst the thousands gathered to see an outstretched line of iconic vehicles.
The schedule is packed with plenty of family activities for everyone to experience. Enjoy the unique smell of smoke and tire during the “Burnout competition”; explore all of downtown’s unique shopping and enjoy the local culinary treasures. Maybe you’ll even want to enter the Miss Route 66 Festival Pin-Up Contest, hosted by Springfield Vintage.
Live music has always been a staple of the International Route 66 Mother Road Festival and that continues this year, with music and bands throughout the weekend.
Learn more at: www.route66fest.com or on Facebook @Route66Fest