Home/What to See /Beer Nuts Factory and Company Store
Search 66
Beer Nuts Factory and Company Store
Description
In 1937, Edward Shirk took over Caramel Crisp confectionery store in downtown Bloomington. One of their products was called "Redskins", glazed peanuts with their red skins intact. The name changed to "Beer Nuts" in 1953 when the Shirks began packaging the nuts for the National Liquor Stores in Bloomington. The company moved into their current processing plant in 1973. The plant includes a public company store with nuts and souvenirs. A video tour of the plant is also available.
Location
Alignment 1926||1930||1940
Central Region

103 North Robinson Street
Bloomington, IL
61701

Contact
(309) 827-8580
Related Images
Information Requested is Not Found
Related Videos
Information Requested is Not Found