Home/What to See /Historic Streetcar Diner
Search 66
Historic Streetcar Diner
Description
A historic Kankakee streetcar from the early 20th century was moved to Gardner in 1932 to serve as a diner along Route 66. In 1937, the streetcar became a cottage and playhouse. It was restored by the Illinois Route 66 Association and inducted into the Route 66 Hall of Fame in 2001.
Location
Alignment 1926||1940
Northern Region

246-290 N Center Street
Gardner, IL
60424

Contact
Related Images
Information Requested is Not Found
Related Videos
Information Requested is Not Found